Building unique object files and binaries

I'm sure this has been discussed before but is there a patch or any
desire to modify gcc to add timestamping and some sort of unique
identifier to each object file output (or maybe this is a binutils
thing) so that they are all different and unique for the purpose of
identification?

I didn't see anything in the docs that makes me think it exists already.

thanks and have a happy Thanksgiving,
Ian

--
Ian S. Nelson <nelcomp@attglobal.net>        303-666-0315