Re: gccadmin account: scripts vs maintainer-scripts

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 01:38:17PM +0100, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> Is there any reason why I might *not* want to remove the "scripts"
> directory in the gccadmin account and replace it by "maintainer-scripts"
> (which is a checked-out version of gcc/maintainer-scripts)?
>
> I just verified that apart from OLD-RCS-unused the former is a strict
> subset of the latter with no local modifications.

    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2001-11.t/msg00624.html

I haven't tried changing it because I did not know whether ~gccadmin/scripts
was used anywhere other than the cron table entry.  There's no reason why
the cron table can't call the scripts out of maintainer-scripts directly.

The scripts subdir can probably be removed entirely if we know nothing
else is using it.  I don't know anything about OLD-RCS-unused, but its
name suggests it can go away.  :-)

Phil