This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Continuing problems trying to build Ada
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: dewar at gnat dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, starner at okstate dot edu
- Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 20:59:17 +0100
- Subject: Re: Continuing problems trying to build Ada
- References: <20011121020615.C9318F28D5@nile.gnat.com>
> <<Maybe it would be a good idea to start trying it, since people are going
> to build GNAT with whatever's on the system. In any case, shouldn't the
> full bootstrap make up for any deficencies that don't prevent the build?
> Maybe and maybe not. Normally we only guarantee that GNAT can be
> bootstrapped with the most recent version. We have made an exception
> for the sources at gnu.org, and they can definitely be compiled with
> either 3.13 or 3.14. But 3.12 is definitely trying something we
> don't recommend
For most architectures supported by GNAT, version 3.12p is the most
recent public version.