Re: Moving C to its own directory (was Re: ObjC tree inlining)

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Phil Edwards wrote:

> A raw repository shuffle?  We did it when libstdc++-v3 was moved into the
> GCC repo.  Hasn't been any difficulty for us.  (Okay, granted, there have
> been times when I wished we'd kept the old repo around for 'annotate',
> but that's not an issue here.)

I thought the old libstdc++ repository was still around for CVS and rsync
(as well as in old-releases/old-cvs on the FTP site).  libstdc++ was a
case of adding the new files without doing anything special with ,v files,
whereas with libjava the ,v files were copied.

> action that doesn't get logged in CVSROOT/history, but I think it would
> be better to preserve individual file history by moving the ,v directly.
> The add&remove method is semantically cleaner, but every C front end file
> would then be at revision 1.

I don't see the files being at revision 1 as a problem.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk