Re: Objective-C++

Hey Mark, et al,

On Tuesday, November 20, 2001, at 11:20 , Stan Shebs wrote:

> Mark Mitchell wrote:
>>
>> The SC is trying to figure out what to do about the Apple Objective-C++
>> patches.  Would you be willing to post a copy of the patches to
>> gcc-patches?
>
> Sure.  Note that we don't actually have patches to 3.x yet, since
> Zem has just started working on it, but we can put up our 2.95
> changes.  They *are* pretty ugly, since there was no expectation of
> them being vetted for FSF GCC inclusion, but you'll at least be
> able to get some idea of the scope of the changes.

The chief ugliness is that the whole cp/ folder is duplicated into
obcp/ -- since I was just warming up to GCC at the time, I didn't
want to screw up our C++ front-end. :) :)  Needless to say, this
is NOT the way I'd like to do 3.x.

Anyway, I will make a diff between the cp/ and obcp/ folder, which
will yield the changes that must (somehow) be applied to the C++
front-end.  I shall post this to gcc-patches shortly; fasten your
seat belts.

--Zem
Ziemowit Laski                   Apple Computer, Inc.
zlaski@apple.com                 2 Infinite Loop, MS 302-4SN
+1.408.974.6229  Fax .1344       Cupertino, CA  95014-2085