This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC and fast eveluaton of polynomials
- From: Stephen L Moshier <moshier at mediaone dot net>
- To: dewar at gnat dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 08:25:11 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: GCC and fast eveluaton of polynomials
- Reply-to: moshier at moshier dot ne dot mediaone dot net
> It is certainly familiar that Horner's rule is a bad idea on modern
> processors with significant ILP. That's nothing new.
But both of the example versions he shows are Horner's rule. Why
should the compiler generate significantly slower code for one of