This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PROPOSAL: Objective-C++
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- To: aoliva at redhat dot com, jbuck at synopsys dot COM
- Cc: discuss-gnustep at gnu dot org, embassociates at qwest dot net,gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, shebs at apple dot com
- Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 14:22:47 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Objective-C++
<<But this grant-back isn't transferable to customers, so without explicit
permission in the license Apple couldn't give their customers permission
to do something that the license forbids. Still, it's moot, the donated
library would need to have the special exception.
Sure it is! Apple could provide a separate license that allows anyone to do
anything they like. The "pretty much anything" certainly includes the
capability of issuing versions with different licenses.