This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Complex integer division
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- To: bernds at redhat dot com (Bernd Schmidt)
- Cc: jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk (Joseph S. Myers), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 07:50:05 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: Complex integer division
> On Sat, 17 Nov 2001, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> > Suggestions on the right way to fix this?
> Deprecate complex ints? Or is anyone using them?
The only problematic operation is division, as complex ints are closed
(modulo overflow) for +, -, and *. So deprecate only the problematic