Re: Using GNATS to track GCC patches

On Sun, 18 Nov 2001, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:

> Then, as part of the release process, we could commit to reviewing all
> GNATS reports of class "patches".

Why only those PRs?  I think we should attempt to review all non-closed
PRs - not just regressions and patches, but an actual attempt, for each
PR, for someone competent in the relevant areas of the compiler to
diagnose the cause of the problem and find a fix.  This won't get
completely done, even in the two month stabilization period, but the
principle of actually looking at each PR would seem to be a good one.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk