This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: should MEM tracking be able to optimize this?
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: dann at ics dot uci dot edu
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 17 Nov 01 14:35:08 EST
- Subject: Re: should MEM tracking be able to optimize this?
Would it be possible to put the fields in different alias sets at
tree->rtl conversion time (or whenever the alias sets are first
computed), as we should know they don't overlap?
Well there's no mechanism for fields to have alias sets and even if
they did, the alias set for the reference would be that of "float", not
of the field. This is because of the addressing rules in C.