This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 3.0.3 and GCC 3.1
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 10:22:53 -0800
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.0.3 and GCC 3.1
--On Saturday, November 17, 2001 08:14:45 AM +0000 Richard Kenner
> In addition, on December 15th we will enter the bug-fix only period
> of our GCC 3.1 development cycle. Beginning at that point, the only
> changes on the GCC mainline will be changes that fix bugs, including
> performance regressions; we will not add any new features at that
> point. Then, on February 15th, 2002, we will branch for the GCC 3.1
> What do you suggest that developers do between December 15 and February
> 15? Do you think developers should work in private trees or each should
> make a branch for their own use?
They should use a branch, so that other interested parties can
still participate and comment on the development.
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com