Re: Deprecating -traditional has passed the SC

On Sat, 17 Nov 2001, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:

> The GCC Steering Committee has voted to deprecate -traditional in gcc
> version 3.1 with the caveats that:

Is this intended for removal in 3.2 (that is, a deprecation message
"-traditional is deprecated and will be removed in GCC 3.2", with the
actual removal on the mainline any time after 3.1 branches), or some
indeterminate future version?  If 3.2, shouldn't the deprecation message
go in 3.0.3 as well, to give people more warning?

> 2.  We'll reverse course if a volunteer steps forward to support
>     -traditional in glibc.

A volunteer for this would not necessarily mean that the glibc maintainers
would have any interest in accepting a patch to support -traditional in
glibc.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk