This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Deprecating -traditional has passed the SC
- From: "Tim Prince" <tprince at computer dot org>
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>,<gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 09:40:14 -0800
- Subject: Re: Deprecating -traditional has passed the SC
- References: <200111171433.JAA00162@caip.rutgers.edu>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <email@example.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2001 6:33 AM
Subject: Deprecating -traditional has passed the SC
> The GCC Steering Committee has voted to deprecate -traditional in gcc
> version 3.1 with the caveats that:
> 1. The deprecation is for the C family compilers not the preprocessor.
> 2. We'll reverse course if a volunteer steps forward to support
> -traditional in glibc.
> I'd like to solicit a volunteer to supply a patch which makes this
> change in the trunk. Please post your submission to gcc-patches in
> the usual fashion.
Does this mean that g77 pre-processing is no longer supported?