This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: numerical instability and estimate-probability
- From: Stephen L Moshier <moshier at mediaone dot net>
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 11:04:37 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: numerical instability and estimate-probability
- Reply-to: moshier at moshier dot ne dot mediaone dot net
> I was also thinkingg about logaritmic sollution. But actually I do add
That is not necessarily a discouraging problem. Adding quantities
given by their logarithms is straightforward, though of course it
takes more time than just an addition instruction. If you want to
explore that, I'll send you a handy program for adding decibels.