This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Deprecating -traditional has passed the SC
- From: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk
- Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 09:33:29 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Deprecating -traditional has passed the SC
The GCC Steering Committee has voted to deprecate -traditional in gcc
version 3.1 with the caveats that:
1. The deprecation is for the C family compilers not the preprocessor.
2. We'll reverse course if a volunteer steps forward to support
-traditional in glibc.
I'd like to solicit a volunteer to supply a patch which makes this
change in the trunk. Please post your submission to gcc-patches in
the usual fashion.
Kaveh R. Ghazi Engagement Manager / Project Services
email@example.com Qwest Internet Solutions