A quick question about find_last_not_of

My user has written a string class library and implemented a StrTrim method
using the find_last_not_of method (character/size_type signature) from the
bastring.cc include file. It worked gcc 2.95.2 on solaris 2.5.1, but it
does not work on gcc 2.95.3 under solaris 2.7.

My specific question concerns the size_type signature. It is called pos in
the code, and I want to know if I specify a pos in the middle of a string,
does that mean the process starts from the end of string and stops at pos
or it starts at pos and stops at the beginning? Another related question
asks does the find_last_not_of work from left to right or from right to
left? I simply cannot find any specific documentation that explains this
function.

Thanks

Paul Brannon