Re: branch merging

    Actually speaking about branch.  Is there some plan how merging of
    code from branches will look like?  The release schedule gives
    relativly short period of time for branch merging and moves a lot of
    code to branch.

    We currently do have very active ast-branch, new-regalloc, Jeff is
    working on Midlevel RTL/SSE and I've recently created the cfg-branch,
    as disussed earlier.  (I've put the information about it to the web
    pages soon).  I expect all these branches to make huge progress till
    3.1 branching.

This has also been my concern for a while.  The situation is likely to be
made worse during the December 15 to February 15 period since people will
then need branches to do *any* development work.

I can easily see the situation on February 15 to be one where we have a
dozen branches, none of which have been keeping up with any other branch
and some of which have been undergoing major development for over six
months.  Merging all this into the top-of-tree seems to be a major job and
I too am curious how all of this is supposed to be accomplished.