RE: c++ name mangling question

On Thu, 2001-11-15 at 13:13, dewar@gnat.com wrote:
> <<I have read this already, but why should not now the time is coming to break
> this wall :-)
> >>

> I don't understand what your proposal here is. Surely you are not saying
> that g++ should require compatibility with each vendors c++ compiler?
> That would require major work for minor gain.

On a slightly related note - I understand that the common ia64 c++ ABI
specification gives something like this on Linux.

Is the same c++ ABI used for GCC's other intel ia64 targets? (other
unices and/or windows?) If so do any of the other compiler vendors (kai,
intel, ms etc) also follow it?

TIA,
Alex.