This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: scavanging a reg
- To: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: scavanging a reg
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 12:55:15 -0500
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
>>>>> Aldy Hernandez writes:
Aldy> although i'm thinking it's prob best to follow David's suggestion and
Aldy> just use r12 regardless.
I would prefer that you simply try to use GPR11 and GPR12. GPR11
is the static chain / environment pointer for recursive functions.
GPR12 is conveniently available for this type of purpose -- not
used for arguments and not saved.