Re: ia64 c++ abi exception handling

Richard Henderson wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 08:54:26AM -0800, Stan Shebs wrote:
> > Language-Specific Data Area, I think - I had to hunt for this too,
>
> Yes.
>
> > eventually found a mention.  The EH code is certainly an adventure
> > in guessing intent from cryptic comments...
>
> Oh dear.  I thought it was better than that...

A couple weeks ago I was spending a lot of time stepping through
the code because it wasn't playing nice with Apple's AltiVec ABI,
ended up installing quite a few printfs in unwind* because GDB
would lie to me about stuff.  The problem for me was that there
wasn't a "Theory of Operation" comment that said why we have to
have personality functions, and various builtins, and so forth.
It probably all seems obvious to you, because you've lived with it
for a long time, but us feeble-minded types struggle to understand
the purposes of all the different pieces.

Stan