This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Get raw message]
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Subject: bootstrap failure
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Date: 13 Nov 2001 10:24:03 -0700
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, GCC Hackers <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
I looked into my bootstrap failure a little bit.
What is happening is that the first abort() in make_decl_rtl is being
triggered. This happens because dw2_force_const_mem() passes
generates a VAR_DECL (the !USE_LINKONCE_INDIRECT branch) which is not
static, not public, not external, and not a register.
As a hack I changed dw2_force_const_mem to set TREE_STATIC on the
VAR_DECL. I have no idea whether this will work.
Richard, Jakub, I'm CCing you because you both have recent patches in