This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Spelling of "readonly" (was: Re: [patches] Re: KDE a gcc)
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Subject: Spelling of "readonly" (was: Re: [patches] Re: KDE a gcc)
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 16:13:48 +0000 (GMT)
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> + for data needing dynamic linking but read only otherwise.
> + These data are read only with prelinking. */
What spelling should we use for the "readonly" adjective? Both "readonly"
and "read-only" are common though in a couple of places in the manual
"read only" is used as a genuine pair of separate words rather than an
adjective, e.g. "read only once" (so things can't quite just be made
consistent with a grep).
Joseph S. Myers