arm/thumb bugs

Hi!

2 bugs are bugging me right now:

 - sometimes (depending on what the optimizer does), gcc generates an
illegal strb rx,[sp, offs] instruction. See also my bug report.
	I can work around this by not optimizing or by using -fforce-addr

 - in very big functions with long case statements, I get 'Branch out of
range' when compiling for thumb with -fpic. I'm attempting to fix this,
only I have no idea where to start - any hints? - since I don't know any
workaround.

I'm only glad the problems appear on both plain 3.0.2 and 3.0.2 + my
embedded-pic patch.

Again: I'd be glad for hints. (concerning both problems, though the
first one is not that urgent for me.)

greets from Zürich
-- vbi