This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: powerpc & unaligned block moves with fp registers
- To: mike stump <mrs at windriver dot com>
- Subject: Re: powerpc & unaligned block moves with fp registers
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 17:49:11 -0500
- Cc: degger at fhm dot edu, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
>>>>> mike stump writes:
mike> Anyway... I ask all there questions, to try and help ensure that as
mike> we make changes in this area, that we don't just make them blindly (in
mike> the absence of real benchmarking data).
FYI, IBM performs these types of benchmarks on its compilers and I
am applying those deduced heuristics to the PowerPC backend of GCC.
However, those heuristics only are effective if the common part of the
backend uses machine description hooks instead of applying its own,