This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Integrating a new front end
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Subject: Re: Integrating a new front end
- From: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>
- Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 22:59:34 +0100
- Cc: Steven Bosscher <s dot bosscher at student dot tudelft dot nl>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: Moene Computational Physics, Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
- References: <200111110059.fAB0xXV21638@smtp.wanadoo.nl> <20011111150749.C8668@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
Jan Hubicka wrote:
> > I'm trying to figure out how to integrate a new front end in GCC for the GNU
> > Fortran 95 project. Not that it's ready yet :-) but I'm trying to figure out
> > what it takes to create the interface between the g95 parser and the GCC back
> > end.
> Please if you will start work on f95 frontend, try to use trees and function at
> time, so do not get too much inspiration from f77 backend, instead study the C
> and C++.
Jan (and Zack, later on) - this is a well known issue to the g95 crew.
Please try to answers to the questions posed *first*.
Toon Moene - mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org - phoneto: +31 346 214290
Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
Maintainer, GNU Fortran 77: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html
Join GNU Fortran 95: http://g95.sourceforge.net/ (under construction)