This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: new benchmark times on alpha
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu, lucier at math dot purdue dot edu
- Subject: Re: new benchmark times on alpha
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 10:17:43 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
> The C code generated by the Gambit Scheme->C compiler is a heavily
> macrofied example of the "Gambit Virtual Machine" (GVM), and GVM code
> is low-level code that does not respect C's aliasing rules for pointers.
It seeems a bit unfortunate to use a program not written in proper C
to test the performance of a C compiler.