This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: powerpc & unaligned block moves with fp registers
- To: degger at fhm dot edu, dewar at gnat dot com
- Subject: Re: powerpc & unaligned block moves with fp registers
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 21:53:00 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu
<<Pessimistic or not, we should try to avoid misaligned accesses on any
cost since they are in a lucky case at least magnitude slower.
Sure, of course, no one disputes that. The real issue is to find out whether
unaligned accesses are better/same/worse as multiple accesses with
combining of resuls.