This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: AIX bootstrap failure
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Subject: Re: AIX bootstrap failure
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 19:58:32 -0500
- cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
I have tried numerous bootstraps with your November 3 patch, but
the problem appears to be in a part of the patch which I cannot easily
If I revert the reload, builtins, and expr.c changes, it still
fails. If I additionally revert the const_alias_set changes, it still
fails. If I additionally revert the
(! TYPE_P (t) && TREE_CONSTANT (t))
change mentioned by Jakub, it still fails.
If I revert the rest of the CONST_DOUBLE changes, it passes.
I cannot tell which of the CONST_DOUBLE changes are logic changes
and which are mechanical changes to test more finely. For instance, I am
not sure how to test just the restore_varasm_status changes and the
decl->rtl changes. Those seem to be the only changes left.