Integrating a new front end

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to integrate a new front end in GCC for the GNU
Fortran 95 project. Not that it's ready yet :-) but I'm trying to figure out
what it takes to create the interface between the g95 parser and the GCC back
end.

I first had a look at the COBOL for GNU manual (section 14.4), and it
describes a lang-specs.h. I recall seeing such a file in my old gcc source
tree, but in the 3.0.x source tree I checked out from CVS last week, there is
no such file.

I grepped in the source in gcc/gcc and found this:
gcc.c:  {".f", "#Fortran", 0}, {".for", "#Fortran", 0}, {".fpp", "#Fortran",
0},

Am I correct that this info used to be in lang-specs.h, but that it should be
in gcc.c for GCC 3.x? Is there anything else I should know about?

Greetz
Steven
s.bosscher@student.tudelft.nl