Re: CVS down?

On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 01:58:29PM +0100, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>Neil Booth <neil@daikokuya.demon.co.uk> writes:
>
>> Is it just me, or are others seeing this?
>>
>> Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).
>> cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)
>
>The ssh server has been changed.  I managed to come in (actually in
>glibc but gcc should be the same) with adding
>Host gcc.gnu.org
>	Protocol 1
>
>to my .ssh/config file,

That's right.  We've upgraded to OpenSSH.  I set the default protocol
for the server to try to default to protocol 1 first but apparently that
isn't enough if you have both ssh 1 and ssh 2 keys.

Eventually we'll have a way to upgrade gcc.gnu.org to ssh2 keys but, for
now, the correct way to fix this is as described above.

Sorry about the confusion.

cgf