This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC support for PowerPC 405 CR
- To: Fleury Jean-Francois <FleuryJ at thmulti dot com>
- Subject: Re: GCC support for PowerPC 405 CR
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 13:53:42 -0500
- cc: "'gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
>>>>> Fleury Jean-Francois writes:
JF> For a future project, I'm currently investigating the support of GCC for the
JF> IBM PowerPC 405 CR (the core of the 450 GP, used in our design) and its
JF> specific instructions (especially regarding power saving functions). Does
JF> anyone know about this ?
GCC supports PowerPC, including versions with and without FPU
(e.g., 403 and 603).
I am not sure what your question about 405-specific instructions
means. If these are special instructions, that would be a question about
the GNU Assembler (GAS) not GCC. I believe that gas does support PPC405
instructions and one can browse the sources to be sure. It is easy to add
support for any additional SPR instructions that are not yet present in