This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: powerpc & unaligned block moves with fp registers
- To: dje at watson dot ibm dot com
- Subject: Re: powerpc & unaligned block moves with fp registers
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Date: Thu, 8 Nov 01 16:45:02 EST
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
GCC is using STRICT_ALIGNMENT to compute a heuristic which should
be based upon SLOW_UNALIGNED_ACCESS. The dichotomy of STRICT_ALIGNMENT
does not have the flexibility to describe all architectures.
Perhaps, but I think the key issue is the one I raised in my last
message: how slow is "slow"?