Re: powerpc & unaligned block moves with fp registers

    I guess I did not explain this clearly enough.  The DImode objects
    do not need to be naturally aligned.  Following the definition of
    STRICT_ALIGNMENT to 0, these instructions will work, just work more
    slowly.

You can't have it both ways!  Either they are too slow, in which case
STRICT_ALIGNMENT should be set or they are *not* too slow, in which
case there is no problem.

    We discussed STRICT_ALIGNMENT a few years ago and agreed that
    STRICT_ALIGNMENT was not the solution.  This is why we expanded
    SLOW_UNALIGNED_ACCESS in the first place.

Right, but the question is *how slow*?  If they are just a few times
slower than aligned, that's fine, but if they are many times slower,
then I think they simply shouldn't be used at all and STRICT_ALIGNMENT
should be true.