Re: GCC backend for dummy ?

Adrian von Bidder wrote:

--8<--
> I wouldn't try writing a gcc backend for a pet
> project - gcc is far too complex (I'm just
> starting to try to understand the bit I need and
> it takes ages). Try using another C compiler

Actually, I need to make a GCC backend because
my pet project is as much about making the
processor (which I'll implement in an FPGA
soon) as it is about learning about how to
extend GCC :-) Besides, I want to port the
Linux kernel (uClinux actually) to my processor
eventually.

> In any case you'll probably have to read at
> least one book on compiler construction or
> you'll get stuck very fast.

I think you're right : do you have a particular
title to recommend ?

Thanks a lot !

                ////\
                (@ @)