This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: REG_EH_REGION notes and substitutions into insn
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Subject: Re: REG_EH_REGION notes and substitutions into insn
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 17:25:57 -0800
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <10111080125.AA17794@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 08:25:07PM -0500, Richard Kenner wrote:
> The problem is that it's not just cse and combine. It's gcse, perhaps
> local-alloc, perhaps loop, etc. It's basically *anybody* who might
> optimize the insn.
> There needs to be some central way of doing this.
Well, there's set_unique_reg_note, which is oft used to add the
REG_EQUAL note in the first place. It could be modified to do
if ((kind == REG_EQUAL || kind == REG_EQUIV)
&& ! may_trap_p (datum))
remove_note (find_reg_note (insn, REG_EH_REGION, NULL_RTX));