This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch to make generated manpages use GFDL (fwd)
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Subject: Re: Patch to make generated manpages use GFDL (fwd)
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 16:37:29 +0100 (CET)
- cc: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> What about what the manpages should be called? If we call them
> gpl(whatever), gfdl(whatever), fsf-funding(whatever) then they may
> conflict with manpages with the same names from other packages with the
> same idea - but gcc-gpl, gcc-gfdl, gcc-fsf-funding seem a bit odd.
Indeed. Probably it's best to go for the simple names, and as the texts
of these pages won't change often, possible conflicts won't be that bad.
> On the 3.0 branch, should these manpages generated by texi2pod.pl be
> checked into CVS (as the other generated manpages are on the branch)?
Sounds like the right approach.
Gerald "Jerry" email@example.com http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/