This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
REG_EH_REGION notes and substitutions into insn
- To: rth at redhat dot com
- Subject: REG_EH_REGION notes and substitutions into insn
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Date: Wed, 7 Nov 01 09:48:56 EST
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
Suppose we have a SET insn from MEM that has a REG_EH_REGION note since
the address is variable and then suppose CSE or combine makes it a
constant. It still has a REG_EH_REGION note but may also hav a REG_EQUIV
note. If it has the latter, reload may delete it is the pseudo didn't get
a hard register. In that case, we'll get an ICE in the function I cited
earlier, fixup_abnormal_edges in reload1.c
What is the right fix here?