Re: [Ada] GNAT maintainer

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Florian Weimer wrote:

> Robert Dewar previously mentioned that in the records of the FSF, he
> is the GNAT maintainer, and that companies cannot be FSF maintainers.
> So these lines have to be corrected, I think.

Also, the GNU Coding Standards say that

	   Please credit the principal human writers of the manual as the
	authors, on the title page of the manual.  If a company sponsored the
	work, thank the company in a suitable place in the manual, but do not
	cite the company as an author.

gnat_rm.texi presently does not follow this; I missed this point when
listing problems with that manual, though I pointed out many places where
it inappropriately referred to what was available from Ada Core
Technologies (rather than what was available to the public as free
software, with references to ACT left to lists of sponsors, contributors
and the GNU Service Directory).

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk