dependency system broken? [gcc-3.0.2/ARM]

Hi!

I am (still) trying to hack gcc-3 for uclinux. When I edit arm.h and do
a make, nothing is rebuilt - are there no dependencies in the gcc build
system?

I'm editing arm.h right now, and have now idea where it gets included -
I'm not supposed to have an idea, I'd say, that's what we have make
for...

However, not a single file is rebuilt. And no, this has nothing to do
with my hackery, the same behaviour occurs with pure gcc-3.0.2 sources
and the arm-linux-elf target.

If I touch on the .c files and make, it sees this, at least.

(Oh, btw: I'm not building in the source dir, so I do ../src/configure
--flags...)

greets from Zürich
-- vbi