Re: Patch to make generated manpages use GFDL (fwd)

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Zack Weinberg wrote:

> Regarding the section issue, it wouldn't be at all difficult to put
> knowledge of which section they belonged in into host configuration.
> This is the sort of thing it might even make sense to use an
> x-fragment for, although I'd prefer a different solution so that it's
> still conceivable that we could eventually get rid of x-fragments
> altogether.

What about what the manpages should be called?  If we call them
gpl(whatever), gfdl(whatever), fsf-funding(whatever) then they may
conflict with manpages with the same names from other packages with the
same idea - but gcc-gpl, gcc-gfdl, gcc-fsf-funding seem a bit odd.

On the 3.0 branch, should these manpages generated by texi2pod.pl be
checked into CVS (as the other generated manpages are on the branch)?

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk