This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch to make generated manpages use GFDL (fwd)
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: Re: Patch to make generated manpages use GFDL (fwd)
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 09:02:44 +0000 (GMT)
- cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> Regarding the section issue, it wouldn't be at all difficult to put
> knowledge of which section they belonged in into host configuration.
> This is the sort of thing it might even make sense to use an
> x-fragment for, although I'd prefer a different solution so that it's
> still conceivable that we could eventually get rid of x-fragments
What about what the manpages should be called? If we call them
gpl(whatever), gfdl(whatever), fsf-funding(whatever) then they may
conflict with manpages with the same names from other packages with the
same idea - but gcc-gpl, gcc-gfdl, gcc-fsf-funding seem a bit odd.
On the 3.0 branch, should these manpages generated by texi2pod.pl be
checked into CVS (as the other generated manpages are on the branch)?
Joseph S. Myers