Re: Patch to make generated manpages use GFDL (fwd)

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 10:36:44PM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> Here is the FSF advice on applying the GFDL to generated manpages.
>
> Do people favour adapting texi2pod.pl to generate the manpages gpl(7),
> gfdl(7), fsf-funding(7) for the Invariant Sections, or using manually
> created manpages?

I think we should try to adapt texi2pod if at all possible.  Having
separate copies of the licenses in different formats is just asking
for confusion.

Regarding the section issue, it wouldn't be at all difficult to put
knowledge of which section they belonged in into host configuration.
This is the sort of thing it might even make sense to use an
x-fragment for, although I'd prefer a different solution so that it's
still conceivable that we could eventually get rid of x-fragments
altogether.

zw