This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: auto-sync of top-level 'include' & 'config' directories?
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: Re: auto-sync of top-level 'include' & 'config' directories?
- From: Loren James Rittle <rittle at latour dot rsch dot comm dot mot dot com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 17:42:38 -0600 (CST)
- Cc: zack at codesourcery dot com
- Organization: Networks and Infrastructure Lab (IL02/2240), Motorola Labs
- References: <20011102171217.A16328@disaster.jaj.com>
>[ Question for the *BSD people: does your libc include gettext and
> iconv? Either integrally or as separate but system-provided
> libraries. If so, it's probably safe to assume they work, and we
> should use 'em, assuming feature compatibility. I don't think we're
> using any of the snazzy additional features of GNU gettext
> (e.g. pluralization) but we might want to in the future... ]
Speaking only for FreeBSD 4.X (but last I checked the unreleased 5.0
was similar), it is added to the system from the ports collection not
part of the base system.
For gettext, we use GNU. For iconv, there appears to be multiple
Loren J. Rittle
Senior Staff Software Engineer, Distributed Object Technology Lab
Networks and Infrastructure Research Lab (IL02/2240), Motorola Labs
email@example.com, KeyID: 2048/ADCE34A5, FDC0292446937F2A240BC07D42763672