Re: auto-sync of top-level 'include' & 'config' directories?

>[ Question for the *BSD people: does your libc include gettext and
>  iconv?  Either integrally or as separate but system-provided
>  libraries.  If so, it's probably safe to assume they work, and we
>  should use 'em, assuming feature compatibility.  I don't think we're
>  using any of the snazzy additional features of GNU gettext
>  (e.g. pluralization) but we might want to in the future... ]

Speaking only for FreeBSD 4.X (but last I checked the unreleased 5.0
was similar), it is added to the system from the ports collection not
part of the base system.

For gettext, we use GNU.  For iconv, there appears to be multiple
options.

Regards,
Loren
--
Loren J. Rittle
Senior Staff Software Engineer, Distributed Object Technology Lab