This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: NLS, attribute errors via cpp during bootstrap
- To: Robert Lipe <robertlipe at usa dot net>
- Subject: Re: NLS, attribute errors via cpp during bootstrap
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 09:18:40 +0100 (CET)
- cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, Robert Lipe wrote:
> I was going to try looking at Rodney's proposed fixincludes patch this
> weekend. But I can't becuase of bitrot...
> CC=/bin/cc ~/src/egcs/configure --enable-languages=c,c++
> gmake bootstrap
> gmake: Leaving directory `/lfs/home20/robertl/tmp/z/gcc/intl'
> test -d po || mkdir po
> : --statistics /home/robertl/src/egcs/gcc/po/sv.po -o po/sv.gmo
> /bin/sh /home/robertl/src/egcs/gcc/move-if-change po/sv.gmo /home/robertl/src/egcs/gcc/po/sv.gmo
> mv: po/sv.gmo: not found
> gmake: *** [po/sv.gmo] Error 1
This is due to a patch by Zack five days ago. Zack is aware of the
problem and working on it, though I think we should consider reverting
the patch until the problem is solved properly -- it is just too expensive
having bootstrap failures in the tree, for whatever reason.
As a work-around, configuration with --disable-nls should avoid the
Gerald "Jerry" firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/