Re: GCC 3.0.2 and BSD Make

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 10:03:19AM -0800, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> There are very few extended-make features that I would like to be able
> to use that we don't already...

Building multilib libgcc could be done in a handful of rules
with gnu make's nested variable expansions and pattern matches.

In the absense of that, we have an autoconf edited shell script
build a huge makefile, listing all rules explicitly, which we
then use a recursive make to build.

GNU Make would most definitely be a maintainence win there.

r~