This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Writing a frontend to GCC
- To: "Stephano Mariani" <sk dot gccml at btinternet dot com>
- Subject: Re: Writing a frontend to GCC
- From: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- Date: 05 Nov 2001 00:10:05 -0500
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- References: <005001c165e0$f9aabb00$0100a8c0@sknet01>
>>>>> "Stephano" == Stephano Mariani <email@example.com> writes:
> I am testing an experimental language that I and a few colleagues have
> dsigned. We would rather write frontend to gcc rather than writing our own
> compiler from scratch, and were looking for any information you may be able
> to offer... perhaps someone has documented this. Please bear in mind that we
> have never written a compiler this complex before.
If this is an experimental compiler, why not just output C and save
yourself a ton of time? See if it works for you, and if it's
something you want to support, start hacking the front end to gcc.
All for the lazy man approach.