AMD Athlon XP optimizations

Hello,

My company has chosen to deploy new machines around one of our offices, we
just purchased some AMD athlon XP based machines...

I would like to know whether GCC supports optimizing for the chips
specifically.
If so what optimizations does it do and what commandline options must be
given?

Thanks in advance

Stephano