Re: [Ada] GNAT.Directory_Operations has problems

<<More deeply, the whole interface taking fixed strings and silently
truncating is very ugly. A quick fix would be to make the buffer size a
constant available from the outside, like FILENAME_MAX in Unix. It's not
pretty, though, and won't work correctly on systems like the Hurd which
don't have a maximum filename length. Is there any chance (or interest)
in a new interface here?

I am not sure why you think there should be a new interface (which would
indeed be difficult, or perhaps you are not using the term interface in
the Ada sense). I agree that it would be nice to generalize the implementation
here (as opposed to the interface), suggestions welcome.