Re: backup schedule on FSF machines

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Bradley M. Kuhn wrote:
> RMS asked me to post some information on our backup schedule at the
> FSF to this list.

Thanks for the information!  Yes, this looks decent (especially the new
setup you plan to add within the next few weeks)!

Personally, I'd consider dumping to tape more often because that way
you'll be somewhat safer when it comes to media errors and direct attacks
against the backup server itself, but apart from that, it looks strikingly
similiar to what we have set up at my day job. ;-)

Now, it would be interesting to see what kind of backup we currently have
for gcc.gnu.org.  The one we had (at least) until a few months ago, was
virtually non-existant, but I have been told that this has been addressed
with the switch to the co-location facility?

Gerald