This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: powerpc & unaligned block moves with fp registers
- To: dje at watson dot ibm dot com
- Subject: Re: powerpc & unaligned block moves with fp registers
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 23:44:58 -0500
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200111020258.VAA24586@makai.watson.ibm.com>
> The strict requirements are an OS issue, not a CPU issue.
Um, the 603e in big-endian mode can do unaligned integer moves all by
itself, but traps sufficiently unaligned fp moves, according to the
programming manual from Motorola. I'm not sure why you'd think that
it's the operating system's fault that it's doing this, especially in
an embedded system with no operating system.
The 750 seems to be the same way, in either endian.