Re: BSS size

readelf -S works the same way as objdump -h. That does not solve my
problem since .bss does not occupy file space - 'NOBITS'. In that sense my
question was misleading . More directly, how can I find out the no. of
bytes of uninitialised globals in an object file ? Thank you very much for
your help .

Joy

Joy Mukherjee
Graduate Student,